Monday 10 January 2011

First Set Of Photos

 This is the first photo I started with- I liked it at first, however I realised that it does not really fit in with my theme, of being quite moody and vulnerable. The outfit I used, is supposed to create quite a rocky and edgy feel, but is also sophisticated. I made sure the makeup was visible, but not too eyecatching. I used fake eyelashes to bring out her eyes more.


 


With, these two photos here I used two props, which was a clock and lots of beady necklaces. With the first photo, the props turned out better, as they are clear and there is no light reflecting from the front of the clock. However, the feeling that her face is proposing, is not what I am aiming for, because it gives quite a cheerful mood. On the other hand, in the second photo- her face is in a position which gives an extremely moody feel- which is what i was aiming for. Therefore, in my second shots, I shall use the props again, but try to make sure there is no light reflecting and that she is doing the correct face. If this turns out correctly, then this could be a possible cover photo.




I also really like this photo, as it is also quite moody, even though it is not 3/4 of the body- so i can not use it as my front cover image. This time, we put the beads around her nexh, which gives the idea of statement jewellery.

 I really like this photo, we changed the outfit which not creates a more soft and vulnerable feeling. The dress and tights- are very soft colours which creates the feel of vulnerability, but i also inlcluded the the grey leather jacket, which makes the outfit seem more rocky. I used the prop of a guitar in this photo- as it is a music magazine. Along with the position of her face, which is sideways- the photo gives the idea of a gentle, vulnerable singer/ songwriter.


 

 I also really like this photograph, the action she is doing, the sunglasses and the position of her face, automatically creates a rocky and moody feeling. However, the lighting has gone wrong, as one side has become quite orange. When she is facing sideways- it creates a very gentle and vulnerable feeling, and when she is facing straight on, it is quite hard; therefore creating a moody and  tough type image. This is another possibility, for my front cover, although i would like to try and re-create this shot in my second lot of photos.

















I decided to try something different, and changed the settings of my camera to black and white. I do not think I will use any of these photo's- as the black and white makes the photo quite bland, and un-exciting. However, in the second photo i like the pose that she is doing- it creates a shape which once again creates the idea she is tough. In my second shots, I will try and use this pose again, but in normal colour. This also applies for the first photo, even though the position creates a different type of feeling, it still creates one- which is the vulnerbale, gentle and thoughtful feeling.

ADDITIONAL PHOTO'S



For my second shot of photo's i will be borrowing the school camera, so that the quality of picture will be better and less pixelated/ bland. I will also be concentrating on trying to control the lighting, so that there are no shadows or darker/lighter parts.

1 comment: