Tuesday 22 March 2011

Construction of 2 page spread

To start I used the rectangular maequee tool to draw a rectangle all the way along the bottom of the page and then filled it black with the fill bucket tool. I then used the text tool to write "**EXCLUSIVE**" along the banner. To do this I used the font "Birth of a hero" and made it size 18 and made it white.


I then moved onto place my photograph. I did this by clicking "File" then "Place" then chose my photo and placed it at the place I wanted it- which was at the right hand side. I adjusted the brightness of the photo and the colour of the background to make it more of a green colour- to fit with my colour theme. I also changed the colour of the eyes and lips using the Lasso tool, and then changing the colour balance. I also used the rectangular marquee tool at the top left of the page and then filled it black. I then wrote "Sophie Jansen-SJ" at the top using the text tool, and continued to use the font "Birth of a hero", but this time made it black. 


To contiune, I used the text box tool- to put some text at the centre of the left page. I also used the rectangular marquee tool to create some black dividers at the top and bottom of the text- to ensure that it was seperate from the additional text I am going to put there. I made up some text, that briefly explained what I was going to write about in the interview/ article.

I then started to add the text into it all. I started with creating a large letter, that is the first letter of the article. I did this by simply creating a textbox, writing the letter "R" and making it the font "Youngsook BTN" and the colour green. I then used the pen tool to draw around the "R" and create an appropriate shaped textbox. I then clicked the text tool and clicked on the box to add my text. I made it the font "Times New Roman" as I felt most magazines used this font. I made the question the colour green and the answer black- to make it clear which is which. I did this for all of the text. 
I decided to add some quotes in, in larger pink writing in the centre of the text, so I needed to use the pen tool to do this also. I did this twice using quotes I had picked out of my article.

The last two things I did was add a caption at the bottom right hand side of the page saying "Photography by: Jeremy Wells. Written by: Julia Smith." I then used the paint brush tool, and selected a specific pattern in black to create a nice pattern at the top right hand side of the page. I did this as I felt there was too much empty space and too also make it more attractive and pleasent to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment