Friday 25 March 2011

Evalutation Question 7

7) Looking back at your Preliminary Task. What have you learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

make a gifanimated gif maker

At the beginning of the year we had to create a school magazine which was our preliminary task, from then until the music magazine I have made now, I have learnt a lot.

Firstly, for the preliminary task, I was very new to being creative and imaginative and did not have that much experience in researching. This meant that for this task I did not do that much research, which evidenally meant that my final product was not that good, as I did not have that much insight into the magazine world. However, this helped in creating a better music magazine, as this thime round I knew I had to do thorough research to have an efficient end result. From the research I could recieve ideas and inspiration and know what type of features are included when creating a music magazine.

Next, I learnt how to manage my time. With the preliminary task I was not sure how to use the programmes such as InDesign, Photostop and Blogger, therefore it took me much longer to get going. However, for the music magazine I was much more aware of how to use the programmes and therfore managed my time much more efficiently- as I know how long everything would take and what I was doing.

The programmes used throughout the year were very new, and it took me a while to learn. Looking back at the preliminary task to now, it is clear that I became used to and aware of the programmes as my final design was much better and appeared more proffesional and attractive. I feel that my font and content choice impoved dramatically, as the font in my preliminary task was very dull and there was also very little content.

Laslty, I learnt how to do a successful photoshoot. I used the same camera for both of my tasks, however I learnt how to use it more efficiently. For the preliminary task it was quite simple and not that well thought-out, I just did the simplist thing I could think of. However, for the music magazine I planned the outfits carefully, the makeup, the position, how I was going to use the camera, the location and the lighting. Although, I did not achieve that much in the preliminary photoshoot, I felt that it helped me improve and build me up for the main one.

No comments:

Post a Comment