Sunday 13 March 2011

Grab Shots of Contents Page

To strart, I created my title saying "Contents" using the font Heartquake, just like the title on my front cover, I also kept the colour of it black to carry on my colour theme. I placed it at the top left corner, as from researching contents pages I found the title at the top left or top right.

Next, I divided the page into sections so that I could show where everything was supposed to be and so that everything was clear. I got this idea from all the magazines I looked at, therefore I decided to do this also. To create these dividers I used the rectangular maequee tool, and then used the fill bucket to make it black.


I then went onto create the introduction at the top from the editor, which I found that some magazines did. I created a text box then wrote what I wanted there and changed it to the font Myriad Pro. I made it the colour black to continue with my colour theme. I then wrote "Love The Editor x" underneath, but this time changed the font to Youngsook BTN, as it made it look more like a signature. I then changed it to the colour green that I had used on my font cover. In addition, I added another black divider using the rectangular marquee tool, as there was a big white space I need to fill.

I then moved onto to the rest of my text, which was the list of pages and what they are. I continued to use the font Youngsook BTN and continued using the same colours as my front cover, which was Black, Green and Pink. I got inspiration form all the magazines I researched, and therefore decided to use the sub-headings "Feautres", "Regulars" and "Reviews." I then had underneath these the pages which come under the correct section. For example "Westlife Tour" came under "Features", as it is only in the magazine for one time. I then had a brief description of what is on that page under the heading. I made the sub-headings pink, the page number green and the description with heading black
The next thing I did was something that I had seen on two of the magazines I researched, which was the front cover of the magazine featured on the contents page. I am not sure why it is there, but I liked the idea and included it anyway next to the introduction text, and felt that it looked appropriate. 



Afterwards, I added my photographs in which all magazines had, and some had more than one, therefore I decided to go with two photographs. One of my model and the other of something that links to one of my pages. I editied them both making them clearer and lighter.


I then used the followng features, which I had noticed the other magazines used. Using the font Youngsook BTN  I wrote the world "**EXLUSIVE**" on the bottom photo, to show that this photo linked to the exclusive interview that was being shown on the front. I then made two black circles on placed them at the top left hand of the photos, I then put a text box in the circles and wrote the page number using the font Youngsook BTN, and then made it white so hey stood out.


 HERE IS THE FINAL VERSION OF MY CONTENTS PAGE:

No comments:

Post a Comment