Tuesday 15 March 2011

Double Page Spread Research

Here is the first double page spread I looked at, and initially I like it. The first points I notice is that the photo is the first thing that catches your eye as it is very large and eye-catching, and appears to be the centre piece of the two pages. I also noticed that the heading is also very large and also catched your attention. The text "USA" is the largest part and gives the idea that the USA is the main topic within the magazine. Next, they have got "Got the love" in smaller, which liniks to the model and one of her singles is about that. I then noticed that they have a very short introduction is larger writing then the rest, with her name highlighted in blue, which I like the idea of. The article starts off with the first letter being large and in italic, which I am deffintley going to consider doing.

I really like this double page spread, as it is really different from the rest. However, just like the first one the image is one of the main features, and is placed at the left hand side of the page, therefore I may consider doing this. The difference for this magazine is that the first letter of her name is extremely large and behind the article which adds interest to the page and will catch the readers attention more. For this article they have also started a sentance with a large letter. Furthermore, they have done a grey divider at the top of the page and then wrote Lady Gaga above it which just clarifys who the article is about.
 

This is the last magaizne I looked at, and I also liked this one. The first thing I thought about what the main large text at the top which is a quote from the article. I like the idea of this, as the quote gives the reader the idea of what is wrote about, and if they wish to read on if it is interesting. I also like how it is presented with a black background with white writing- it makes it stand out more. This time the image is on the right hand side, but is still one of the main features. This magazine also has an introduction with the famous persons name highlighted in a different colour. Lastly, this magazine also follows the idea of the first letter of the article being large, therefore I am deffintely doing to do this.


This is the magazine I will be getting most of my inspiration from. I like the simple setting with the photograph on the right and all the text on the left. I also like how there is a short introduction/ small brief of what the interview/ article will be about in the centre of the page. This magazine, just like the rest starts the first sentance with a large letter. Furthermore, I like how at the top of the page there is the celebrities name with a black like, as it confirms what the two pages are about and also adds interest and attractivness to the magazine. Lastly, I appreciate how the text starts at the top and goes into 3 columns, and then goes underneath into three columns, and also being split up by a black small divider and the text in the middle.











1 comment:

  1. There seems a good consistency in the types of pages you are researching. This is good. Make sure you carry through the ideas in your own work.

    ReplyDelete